Saturday, July 14, 2012

Second Week in Hungary

Just finished my second week in the camp!  My experience here so far has been awesome.  I look forward to the first day of class every week when I get to meet my new students.  The first half of the day is spent with them in the classroom.  After lunch all the interns meet up and we usually participate in different camp activities.  So far my favorite has been the trip to the local pool and waterpark, which was paid for by the camp.  After dinner we all meet up in an empty classroom where we start lesson planning.  Since the first Wednesday here was the fourth of July, I've made every Wednesday an American themed lesson that the kids really enjoy.  I've had them read articles about America's history and the difference between America and Great Britain.  After a break I teach them a little geography, then have them try and guess the lyrics to a famous American song.  Finally I teach them American slang words, which they always seem to enjoy.

After lesson planning there's usually a late night activity that the interns usually participate in.  It's ranged from a fire dancing show to a rap concert by Hungary's most famous rappers. 

I can't wait for my next two weeks here at the camp, and for the two weeks after in Budapest.  Tomorrow I'll get a new group of students, and I can't wait to learn where they're from/what they're interested in learning.


-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment