Thursday, June 5, 2014

Buenos Aires - Week 1 (and a half)

June 5, 2014

Holi!

I have been in Buenos Aires now for almost 2 weeks. As soon as I got here, my computer broke - hence the delay on starting this blog. I have been trying to fix it but for now I am using a borrowed computer.

It is really amazing here. The city reminds me of the European cities I have visited (particularly France. I understand the nickname "Paris of the South."), but also with many similarities to New York City. I think Buenos Aires has a lot of the architecture of Europe but with the sometimes kind of grimy attitude of New York. Maybe. I can't really explain.

I have seen some of the sights here, but I want to go on more tours. I have been to the Casa Rosada several times, for instance, but I haven't gone on a tour of the inside, which I would love to do. My second day here was the 25th of May which is Argentina's independence day. There was a parade and a concert at Plaza de Mayo, outside of Casa Rosada. I went with other AISECers and it was really cool to see all the locals pretty much going crazy celebrating.

My favorite place I have been is Puerto Madero, which is a realy nice area near a river. There is a beautiful park in which I have gone running and really great choripan.

I still need to get a better sense of direction here. I can't get to work on my own.

2 comments: